Delta Media Player is a full-featured HTML5 video player that uses on-the-fly media provider selection to render online video. Full functionality (playlists, skinning, scripting, etc.) is supported on all the popular desktop browsers and mobile devices.
Delta Media Player is an Open Source HTML player for your website. For site owners, developers, hobbyists, businesses and programmers.
Delta Media Player is based on Flowplayer source code. The beauty of Delta Media Player is that it respects web standards. Skinning is heavily based on CSS and HTML that most web developers can handle.
Delta Media Player can be easily customized to fit any requirements your Web projects might have and can be used with both mobile and desktop environments.
The player does not only allow developers to skin its interface, but they can go deeper than that and change how it works and behaves.
This is done by Delta Media Player's built-in parameters and a plugin system that allows developers to add even more features to the player's core.
The actual media player lets users control the sound volume, easily move the video cursor along the timeline, automatically start the video when it comes into the user's view, preload content when possible, customize the interface colors, add a watermark on top of the video canvas, and even show a poster image before the actual video is started.
And the best thing is that Delta Media Player is absolutely free to download and use for any content publisher.
Delta media player HLS plugin
In order to watch HLS live streams with Delta Media Player, anywhere on the internet, you need to have active Delta Media Player HLS PLUGIN.
Delta Media Player HLS Plugin is streaming plugin which is not visible and it is used to stream video data from different sources.
Streaming plugins are also called "providers" and are configured inside the "plugins" node just like all the other plugins. They don't, however, have any display or styling properties because they work in the background and have no visual component. Providers can be thought of as "input plugins".
Delta Media Player HSL plugin offers the following features:
- Playback of HLS in the Dealta Media Player
- Easy to set up dynamic bitrate and resolution switching if the clip's url points to a HLS variant playlist
- Playback of live streams
- VoD & Live playlists
- DVR support on Live playlists
- MPEG-2 TS container
- AAC container (audio only streams)
- Adaptive streaming
- Manual & Auto Quality Switching
- 3 Quality Switching modes are available (controllable through API means)
- Instant switching (immediate quality switch at current video position)
- Smooth switching (quality switch for next loaded fragment)
- Bandwidth conservative switching (quality switch change for next loaded fragment, without flushing the buffer)
- in Auto-Quality mode, emergency switch down in case bandwidth is suddenly dropping to minimize buffering
- Accurate Seeking on VoD & Live (not limited to fragment or keyframe boundary)
- Ability to seek in buffer and back buffer without redownloading segments
- Built-in Analytics
- Every internal events could be monitored (Network Events,Video Events)
- Playback session metrics are also exposed
- Resilience to errors
- Retry mechanism embedded in the library
- Recovery actions could be triggered fix fatal media or network errors
- Redundant/Failover Playlists
- Timed Metadata for HTTP Live Streaming (in ID3 format, carried in MPEG-2 TS)
- AES-128 decryption (AES-128 mode)
- CEA-708 captions (pop-on, channel 1)
Delta Media Player HLS Plugin is compatible with browsers supporting MSE with 'video/MP4' inputs. as of today, it is supported on:
- Chrome for Android 34+
- Chrome for Desktop 34+
- Firefox for Android 41+
- Firefox for Desktop 42+
- IE11+ for Windows 8.1
- Safari for Mac 8+ (beta)