It works by transmuxing MPEG-2 Transport Stream into ISO BMFF (MP4) fragments. this transmuxing could be performed asynchronously using Web Worker if available in the browser.
Delta media player HLS plugin is written in ECMAScript6, and transpiled in ECMAScript5 using Babel.
In order to watch HLS live streams with Delta Media Player, anywhere on the internet, you need to have active Delta Media Player HLS PLUGIN.
Delta Media Player HLS Plugin is streaming plugin which is not visible and it is used to stream video data from different sources.
Streaming plugins are also called "providers" and are configured inside the "plugins" node just like all the other plugins. They don't, however, have any display or styling properties because they work in the background and have no visual component. Providers can be thought of as "input plugins".
Delta Media Player HSL plugin offers the following features:
- Playback of HLS in the Dealta Media Player
- Easy to set up dynamic bitrate and resolution switching if the clip's url points to a HLS variant playlist
- Playback of live streams
- VoD & Live playlists
- DVR support on Live playlists
- MPEG-2 TS container
- AAC container (audio only streams)
- Adaptive streaming
- Manual & Auto Quality Switching
- 3 Quality Switching modes are available (controllable through API means)
- Instant switching (immediate quality switch at current video position)
- Smooth switching (quality switch for next loaded fragment)
- Bandwidth conservative switching (quality switch change for next loaded fragment, without flushing the buffer)
- in Auto-Quality mode, emergency switch down in case bandwidth is suddenly dropping to minimize buffering
- Accurate Seeking on VoD & Live (not limited to fragment or keyframe boundary)
- Ability to seek in buffer and back buffer without redownloading segments
- Built-in Analytics
- Every internal events could be monitored (Network Events,Video Events)
- Playback session metrics are also exposed
- Resilience to errors
- Retry mechanism embedded in the library
- Recovery actions could be triggered fix fatal media or network errors
- Redundant/Failover Playlists
- Timed Metadata for HTTP Live Streaming (in ID3 format, carried in MPEG-2 TS)
- AES-128 decryption (AES-128 mode)
- CEA-708 captions (pop-on, channel 1)
Delta Media Player HLS Plugin is compatible with browsers supporting MSE with 'video/MP4' inputs. as of today, it is supported on:
- Chrome for Android 34+
- Chrome for Desktop 34+
- Firefox for Android 41+
- Firefox for Desktop 42+
- IE11+ for Windows 8.1
- Safari for Mac 8+ (beta)
Simply insert in <HEAD> tag :
Then buy subscription for HLS plugin HERE